Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Debunked the slots myths : behind the truth

Slot games are one of the most popular forms of casino gaming, and there are plenty to choose from. When it comes to playing slots online for real money, many sites will claim to offer fair gameplay. However, with microtransactions in the mix, and a lot of uncertainty over who or what generates the results of games, players can be unsure of who to trust. Where should you place your bets? Join us as we delve into the reality of the slot machine, and uncover the truth behind many of the most common myths and misconceptions.

1.Remember the slot has paid out a jackpot, don’t play it.

Slot machines are kept random by the use of Random Number Generators (RNGs). This is computer software that generates an undecipherable pattern of numbers or symbols every single second. So, the very second you press spin is when a new combination of numbers is generated – meaning that those jackpot wins are generated completely at random!

About the online slot and land-based casino. Is it fair?

We would normally recommend that you play somewhere you trust, but the beauty of online slots is that you can play when and where you want with an internet connection. You don’t need to go anywhere. As long as the casino is reputable and regulated, there’s no difference between online slots and land-based slots. The only difference is that online slots will also be available on a tablet or smartphone. Whether you’re playing online, spinning the reels of Sky Vegas Slots, for example, or at your favourite land-based casino, both will use RNGs, and clearly display their return to player (RTP) percentage. The only difference with an online slot, is that it can be played anytime, and anywhere with an internet connection.

Slots pay more money when quieter periods of the day

The RNG, or random number generator, is the software in slots that creates thousands of potentials combinations with each spin. This means you have a fair chance at winning every time you play a slot machine; it doesn’t matter when, where, or how often you play. Even if someone had just won on the machine next to yours, you are still on par with that person for your very next spin.

It is “hot” slot machines!

Some people believe that certain machines are “hot”, and are likely to pay out because they either haven’t, or sometimes have, recently, and even because that particular machine has paid out for them in the past. There can even be these kinds of myths surrounding certain games in particular. But, again, it all comes down to the RNG and RTP to keep it fair.

No! No house edge

Despite the game being completely random, there’s still a house edge. The average return to player (RTP) percentage is the potential winnings that are predicted to be made by players in the long run, so if the RTP of a particular game was 97%, for example, then 97% of the cash players have wagered on the game is supposed to be returned to players in the form of winnings. The remaining 3% is held by the casino respectively.

Auto-spin and manual spins, which is pay less?

RTP – Therefore, the rate at which a slot game pays out has nothing to do with how often you play, whether you win or lose; and no matter how much you manage to win. This factor is determined by the RNGs and therefore cannot be altered in any way. When playing online slots, they all come with two exciting features which players can enjoy. These are Wilds and Multipliers.

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like these